Sheridan Controls

Hello All,

I am trying to use Sheridan Controls in C++ Builder/Delphi
basically importing the ActiveX control into the IDE

and I am having a problem with exposing the DataSource property

any help/experience/advice using Sheridan controls would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you

Re:Sheridan Controls

What problem is that? I recall people discussing these controls here in
the past. Try searching with www.deja.com. I personally never worked
with these controls, hopefully someone who did will help you if you
describe in more detail what the problem is.

Alex

P.S. I'm more than certain the DataSource property is not compatible
with the DataSource as found in the BCB palette.

Tony Lorenzo wrote:

[snip]

Re:Sheridan Controls

Thank you Alex for your response

1) I have looked at dejanews and found one valid thread pertaining to
Sheridan controls within Delphi/C++B, that thread has a lot of questions and
comments but no guidance or responses that are educational.

2) I am having a problem getting their grid to be databound. Borland
implements a TDataSource object which would connect to a TDataSet
descendant.  This is used for all of the Borland data-aware controls.  I
have not been able to implement this using the Sheridan control and I need
help.  I am unclear as to what direction to take and how to implement it.  I
would like to use ADO Express but use the Sheridan controls,especially the
Grid. further, I would like Grid to be databound.

3) Yes, I do realize that M$ has a different implemention of the DataSource
property.

If anyone has done this I would greatly appreciate any direction or help you
could provide.

My manager is particularly found of these controls and insists on using
them, the frustration of not being able to do so, is adding and compounding
his dislike of the VCL/Borland.  I, on the otherhand, am very pro-Borland,
especially in Delphi.  But how can I win him over on this issue, when I
can't get any assistance on using these controls, neither from the
newsgroups nor from a vendor who will not support any Borland issues.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote in message <394FC7F1.750B7...@jetsuite.com>...
>What problem is that? I recall people discussing these controls here in
>the past. Try searching with www.deja.com. I personally never worked
>with these controls, hopefully someone who did will help you if you
>describe in more detail what the problem is.

>Alex

>P.S. I'm more than certain the DataSource property is not compatible
>with the DataSource as found in the BCB palette.

>Tony Lorenzo wrote:
>[snip]

Re:Sheridan Controls

Tony, I wonder if using the ADO controls can help with this. I'd take a
look at what type the DataSource in the control is and see if any of the
Borland-provided ADO components can be fit somehow ( like getting a base
interface out of it, some sort of handle, etc. ).

Also, I'd try some other controls. I realize the guy is bent on using
Sheridan, but there are many other good VCL-based data grids. Products
from TurboPower and Developer Express come to mind. The Companion CD for
BCB5 has at least one trial db grid - DbAltGrid.

Alex

Tony Lorenzo wrote:

[snip]

Other Threads