Board index » cppbuilder » crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide

crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide

it worked fine before today. they give me

exception EAccessViolation in module VCL30.DPL at 83BC7708
Access violation address 83BC8788
Read of address 83BC8708

after I start a delphi1/3/bcb program, close the program and restart it in
IDE.
it's not a display driver problem, the same in VGA
it's not a bios problem, I've changed mother board for many times.
it's not a anti virus software problem, I don't have any since reinstalling
windows make BCB and Delphi work again.

VB don't have this problem at all, VC work fine also. it's Borland! it's
inprise!

I am using Chinese Windows 95 OSR2, oh no! it's Microsoft!!!

 

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Ka Chun, Cheng,

Have you installed any new components in your pallette lately? You
may have a buggy component. That is one of the most common reasons for
the IDE to crash on startup.

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Nick Hodges (TeamB) ???g??31 >Have you installed any new components in
your pallette lately? You

Quote
>may have a buggy component. That is one of the most common reasons for
>the IDE to crash on startup.

I'm not having a startup crash.
1:start bcb or Delphi
2:click the "run" button
3:close the empty application
4:click anywhere in the IDE, and it crash.

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


"Ka Chun, Cheng"

Quote
>I'm not having a startup crash.
>1:start bcb or Delphi
>2:click the "run" button
>3:close the empty application
>4:click anywhere in the IDE, and it crash.

That, obviously, is not normal behavior.  There is obviously something
wrong with your configuration. Perhaps a reinstall will clear things
out.

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Is the problem something to do with the VCL shipped with BCB1.0  being more
aligned with the VCL in Delphi 2 than that with Delphi 3 ?

I found that BCB 1.0 & Delphi 3 didn't seem to like each other much - BCB
3.0 & Delphi 3 are happier

Ian Borland
comp...@ozemail.com.au

Quote
Nick Hodges (TeamB) wrote in message

<3568c7c8.90624...@forums.borland.com>...
Quote
>"Ka Chun, Cheng"

>>I'm not having a startup crash.
>>1:start bcb or Delphi
>>2:click the "run" button
>>3:close the empty application
>>4:click anywhere in the IDE, and it crash.

>That, obviously, is not normal behavior.  There is obviously something
>wrong with your configuration. Perhaps a reinstall will clear things
>out.

>Nick Hodges
>TeamB

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Ian --

I don't have BCB on my machine, so I can't tell, though I doubt that
would be the problem.  They should be two separate apps, and should
not access any common code.

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Gerald Nunn ???g??31 <356B91F1.6256C...@interlog.com>...

Quote
>Nick Hodges (TeamB) wrote:
>> I don't have BCB on my machine, so I can't tell, though I doubt that
>> would be the problem.  They should be two separate apps, and should
>> not access any common code.

I've reinstalled windows again and again, seems I know what's wrong now.
it's chinese windows's fault. if I install japanese language support for
internet explorer in chinese windows, it will crash in win95, OK in OSR2,
but lead to this dcb/delphi problem. Most chinese MS software sucks,

about the BDE overwriting problem, I think it isn't the problem since I have
the problem even in a new project, and it happen also when I was using
delphi 2.0 only.

Re:crash in both delphi 3 and BCB 1.0 ide


Quote
Gerald Nunn <gn...@interlog.com> wrote:

>Actually they do, namely the BDE.  If you install BCB 1.0 after Delphi 3
>it's possible to replace the newer BDE in Delphi 3 with the older one in
>BCB 1.0.  

That is not supposed to happen.  <g>

Quote
>A couple of people reported this to me in conjunction with
>GExperts.  Is it possible this is the case here?  Is the test app that
>is being run a database app?  Usually the BDE will report a version
>problem in this case, so I may be going out on a limb here. <g>

I've never heard of that happening....

Nick Hodges
TeamB

Other Threads