Board index » cppbuilder » Thank you Anduin/Borland

Thank you Anduin/Borland

I thought it only fair to say a big thank you to Anduin Withers for his help
and assistance with a linker problem. I'm very impressed by the way he's
handled it and to Borland for assisting. Suffice to say that it's one problem
that has been put to bed for the time being.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

 

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


What was the outcome?  What is causing it?

Russell

Quote
"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> wrote in message

news:VA.000005d3.000bdfc2@email.address.sorry...
Quote
> I thought it only fair to say a big thank you to Anduin Withers for his
help
> and assistance with a linker problem. I'm very impressed by the way he's
> handled it and to Borland for assisting. Suffice to say that it's one
problem
> that has been put to bed for the time being.

> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Russell,

The problem concerns incremental linking and the solution carries the strong
possible risk of failing to link correctly at all. I don't think that kind of
"solution" is one that should be given to everyone when "don't use incremental
linking" or "it works most of the time" are safer responses.

I hope you can understand my reasons for wishing to leave the decision of when
and to whom such solutions should be released firmly in Borland's hands <s>.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
> I thought it only fair to say a big thank you to Anduin Withers for his
help
> and assistance with a linker problem. I'm very impressed by the way he's
> handled it and to Borland for assisting. Suffice to say that it's one
problem
> that has been put to bed for the time being.

Well I'm happy that one of my last official acts as a Borland employee was
to help you. Your input along with a few others certainly indicates that we
are on the right track to resolving the issue.

--
Anduin Withers
Borland

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
Anduin Withers <awith...@inprise.com> wrote in message

news:8gjr85$ium4@bornews.borland.com...

Quote
> Well I'm happy that one of my last official acts as a Borland employee was
> to help you.

Is that news I don't want to hear?  Good luck if so (good luck if not as
well) and thanks for all the help...

Nigel

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
> > Well I'm happy that one of my last official acts as a Borland employee
was
> > to help you.

> Is that news I don't want to hear?  Good luck if so (good luck if not as
> well) and thanks for all the help...

After more than five years at Borland I've decided to leave. I'd like to say
I'll still be reading the news groups and maybe even ask a few questions for
once but at this point using Borland tools is probably not in my near
future.

--
Anduin Withers
Borland

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
"Anduin Withers" <awith...@inprise.com> writes:
> Well I'm happy that one of my last official acts as a Borland employee was
> to help you.

Um, did I read that right?

--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Good luck with what ever you move onto.  You've been a good help on the
newsgroups and have shown us that some of people who work at Borland do
listen and care what we think.

Russell

Quote
"Anduin Withers" <awith...@inprise.com> wrote in message

news:8gjuqm$iuj15@bornews.borland.com...
Quote
> > > Well I'm happy that one of my last official acts as a Borland employee
> was
> > > to help you.

> > Is that news I don't want to hear?  Good luck if so (good luck if not as
> > well) and thanks for all the help...

> After more than five years at Borland I've decided to leave. I'd like to
say
> I'll still be reading the news groups and maybe even ask a few questions
for
> once but at this point using Borland tools is probably not in my near
> future.

> --
> Anduin Withers
> Borland

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Anduin,

That's a very great shame but I wish you well for the future.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
Anduin Withers wrote:

< snip >

> After more than five years at Borland I've decided to leave. I'd like to say
> I'll still be reading the news groups and maybe even ask a few questions for
> once but at this point using Borland tools is probably not in my near
> future.

I know in the past I've been one of the sharper gravels in your
sandal, but you've done a world of good, here in the newsgroups, and
in helping develope the VCL. Thanks for all you've done, and good luck
in your new reincarnation.

(And I didn't even {*word*88}, complementing you on the VCL!) ;-)

Cheers

Bob

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
> I know in the past I've been one of the sharper gravels in your
> sandal, but you've done a world of good, here in the newsgroups, and
> in helping develope the VCL. Thanks for all you've done, and good luck
> in your new reincarnation.

> (And I didn't even {*word*88}, complementing you on the VCL!) ;-)

Ah but I didn't do the VCL. I do like the VCL but I was in no way
responsible for its development. (I actually dislike working with Object
Pascal).

--
Anduin Withers

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


The VCL is magnificent. If only the documentation were so it would be 100
times more popular than MFC if the majority of C++ programmers had any
brains ( or guts ) and the corporate world were not a bunch of sheep. Alas
the documentation is still only medicre at best. But the VCL itself is very
good and all who did work on it should be congratulated.
Quote
Anduin Withers wrote:
> > I know in the past I've been one of the sharper gravels in your
> > sandal, but you've done a world of good, here in the newsgroups, and
> > in helping develope the VCL. Thanks for all you've done, and good luck
> > in your new reincarnation.

> > (And I didn't even {*word*88}, complementing you on the VCL!) ;-)

> Ah but I didn't do the VCL. I do like the VCL but I was in no way
> responsible for its development. (I actually dislike working with Object
> Pascal).

> --
> Anduin Withers

Re:Thank you Anduin/Borland


Quote
Anduin Withers wrote:

< snip >

> > (And I didn't even {*word*88}, complementing you on the VCL!) ;-)

> Ah but I didn't do the VCL. I do like the VCL but I was in no way
> responsible for its development.

Someone in .community led me astray ... s'okay, I don't take back the
thanks!

Quote
> (I actually dislike working with Object Pascal).

Glad to hear it!

Bob

Other Threads