Newbie DLL question: Using functions in a DLL

Pardon my ignorance on this issue..  Anyway, I was hoping someone could
enlighten me on the process I need to go through in order to use some
functions that are in a DLL.  I'm about as green on the topic of DLL's
as you can get, so detailed steps would be appreciated.  Perhaps a
little example would help illustrate it to me.

Let's just say have a dll named 'example.dll' and it has one function
in it:

int test(int x){
  return x;
  }

Now then, if I want to use that function in another application, what
steps do I need to take?  (I'm using Borland C++ Builder 5 Standard)

Thanks for your help and patience,
Josh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.