executing external programs from your own program.

hi,
i have a problem with executing external programs from my own program,the
problem is that i have to execute setup.exe from autorun.exe so i can run
setup.exe
or play.exe or uninstall.exe if the program is uninstalled or
installed.Actually
im using 'system()' function but it appears to run bad because it opens a
dos window
and it hangs system sometimes (only with setup.exe) the question is this:

usually games have an autorun.exe that calls setup.exe or play ... so :
?do you know how can you do these calls in builder (5)?

(system() function doest work with setup.exe generated by installshield).

thanks.

pd:pardon my english.

Re:executing external programs from your own program.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:29:00 +0200, "Alberto" <pol...@arrakis.es>
wrote:

>i have a problem with executing external programs from my own program

This is very much off-topic in the borland.public.cppbuilder.graphics
forum. Please post to the single most appropriate forum.
For an answer to your question, read this article:
http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/news/zd/1999/mar99/

Hens Zimmerman
--
Nothing personal, but please reply to newsgroup only.

Other Threads