Windows Message Handling Example (custom message)

Hello,

I am calling a DLL that passes back messages asynchronously after
processing requests have been made to it.  I figured out that I can pass
it the window handle of a Form using the Form's -> Handle property,  but
I would like an example of the proper way to handle the asynchronous
message returns.  The message number(s) of the message return(s) is
determined through the use of the RegisterWindowsMessage() API call.

I am guessing that it is through the use of the Form -> DefaultHandler
and the Form -> DefWndProc properties (TWinControl ancestor properties),
but I would like to see a concrete example.  I am especially concerned
with the passing on of any messages that should be passed on to the
default window proc.

Thanks,
Peter.

Re:Windows Message Handling Example (custom message)

Peter Immarco wrote in message <34F766EE.FD3B9...@micron.net>...
>I am guessing that it is through the use of the Form -> DefaultHandler
>and the Form -> DefWndProc properties (TWinControl ancestor properties),
>but I would like to see a concrete example.  I am especially concerned
>with the passing on of any messages that should be passed on to the
>default window proc.

See the MessageMap example accompanying BCB 1.0 - it's all there...

Note: Please remove the word SPAMBLOCK from my eMail address if you wish to
mail me.

Other Threads