Image browser for File selection

Hello,
We need to have an image browser to select an  image : i.e the user
needs to select an image from the ones on his disk ( in one of  many
formats: jpg, tiff, pic,bmp, rgb...)
we need such a browser as a separate component to integrate in our
application: i.e when the user chooses File->Open, he
needs to select an image so we want the image browser to open, allow him
to see all availbale images , browse directories and select an image and
when he presses OK, we get
the chosen file name.
any advice ?  can we use the OpenPictureDialog in any way ( to support
other formats) or should we create a dialog from scratch and prepare
icons from the images and display on buttons?

thanks,  Rachel

Rachel Hecht
e-mail:    rac...@rtset.co.il
Phone:     (972)9-9552236       Ext. 118
Fax:           (972)9-9552239
Address:  RT-SET Ltd.  Shefayim, P.O. Box 48, Shefayim 60990, Israel