Project Options save [change] not working?

I have C++ Builder 4 hosted on a Win 98 System.

I am trying to use the de{*word*81}. However, using the "Project Options"
window, I select the "Compile" TAB "Full debug" option and it changes the
various parameters as I would expect.

I thought that when I press OK that the changes would be saved. This is not
happening. I can pull up the "Project Options" window immediately and the
changes are not shown. Looks like the "Project Options" is "Read Only"!

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Jim

Re:Project Options save [change] not working?

: "James Crowell" <pcs...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Looks like the "Project Options" is "Read Only"!

>What am I doing wrong?

No idea. What does the BPR look like? Anything changed there?

Anything unusual in general? (Just fishing for information)

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote in message

<3776c3e5.2183...@forums.inprise.com>...

>: "James Crowell" <pcs...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>>Looks like the "Project Options" is "Read Only"!

>>What am I doing wrong?

>No idea. What does the BPR look like? Anything changed there?

>Anything unusual in general? (Just fishing for information)

I am new to C++ Builder so I am not sure what is usual.

I just tried another Project and I am having trouble getting into the
de{*word*81}. In this case,  the "Project Options" compiler TAB saved the "Full
Debug" information properly. However, my Project produces a .Exe file and,
when I read the on-line help, I was told to set the "project/Options/Linker"
debug options. On the "Linker" TAB I tried to set the Linking panel "Create
Debug Information" option. It looked like it was accepted, but when I come
back, it is not set. Same type of problem as with my real Project!

The "Common Denominator" is "Debug" options?

I checked all 'Properties" of my Project files and the only 'atrtribute'
checked was 'Archieve', i.e. none of the files are 'read only'.

FYI: I have C++ Builder 4 running on a WIN 98 Celeron/400 PC

I am getting frustrated. Any ideas?

Re:Project Options save [change] not working?

Hi James,

> >Anything unusual in general? (Just fishing for information)

> I am new to C++ Builder so I am not sure what is usual.

Try "Project | View makefile" after changing Project Options
and you should see the switches change in the makefile. For
example, after toggling Compiler debug information you
should see the -v switches on CFLAG1 line change. Same
for the linker "Create debug information"; you should
see -v change on the LFLAGS line.

> I checked all 'Properties" of my Project files and the only 'atrtribute'
> checked was 'Archieve', i.e. none of the files are 'read only'.

Are you using version control? That may be the issue. Does
the project reside on a Network drive (maybe there is an
access issue?).
On thing that is always worth trying (when a behavior shows
up in new projects) is to delete your DELFAULT.BPR (found
in the ..\BIN) directory. New projects pick up settings from
this file and deleting returns you to defaults.

--Craig

Re:Project Options save [change] not working?

Stefan,

I think I have found my problem. I am using a "Demo" copy of a set of VCL
components {Ziegler Collection One]. Just now I started a new project and
started with C++ Builder 4 Starndard Components. The Interactive de{*word*81}
worked fine.

When I added a button from the Demo shareware, I got the previously
described "Project Options" problems.
Actually, once I loaded the Demo Button the "Project Options" debug options
were turned off. Even after removing the Demo Button, I could not reset the
Debug options.

I just sent E-Mail to the Shareware Developer to verify my suspicion's.

Sorry for the "curve ball".

Thanks for the help.

Craig Farrell wrote in message <376FD0EA.823DA...@insprise.com>...

>Hi James,

>Are you using version control? That may be the issue. Does
>the project reside on a Network drive (maybe there is an
>access issue?).

No.
>On thing that is always worth trying (when a behavior shows
>up in new projects) is to delete your DELFAULT.BPR (found
>in the ..\BIN) directory. New projects pick up settings from
>this file and deleting returns you to defaults.

I tried this but it did not help.
Useful information however for other problems. Thanks

I think I have found my problem. I am using a "Demo" copy of a set of VCL
components {Ziegler Collection One]. Just now I started a new project and
started with C++ Builder 4 Starndard Components. The Interactive de{*word*81}
worked fine.

When I added a button from the Demo shareware, I got the previously
described "Project Options" problems.
Actually, once I loaded the Demo Button the "Project Options" debug options
were turned off. Even after removing the Demo Button, I could not reset the
Debug options.

I just sent E-Mail to the Shareware Developer to verify my suspicion's.

Sorry for the "curve ball".

Thanks for the help.
Jim

Re:Project Options save [change] not working?

FYI: My problem was not caused by the Ziegler Shareware. I had a WIN 9x
Folder name of "VCL's" in the path to the Ziegler lib's. Once I change it to
"VCLs", my problem went away.

Thanks for the help,
Jim

Re:Project Options save [change] not working?

FYI: My problem was not caused by the Ziegler Shareware. I had a WIN 9x
Folder name of "VCL's" in the path to the Ziegler lib's. Once I change it to
"VCLs", my problem went away.

Thanks for the help,
Jim

Other Threads