TSplitter graphical "fragments"

2005-05-03 06:54:05 PM
cppbuilder75
I encountered a graphical problem using TSplitter.
I have 3 panels, separated by two splitters (one
vertical, one horizontal). When I move the splitters,
sometimes graphical "fragments" of the splitter stay
on the form until it gets fully repainted (minimizing
/restoring, for example).
Only if I set the splitter´s property ResizeStyle to
rsUpdate (you can see the changes immediately),
this effect doesn´t occur.
Repainting the whole form in the event handlers
"OnResize" of the panels doesn´t work...
(
void __fastcall Tfrm_Main::BottomPanelResize(TObject *Sender)
{
frm_Main->Repaint();
}
)
Can somebody help?
Regards, Dirk.

Re:TSplitter graphical "fragments"

void __fastcall Tfrm_Main::BottomPanelResize(TObject *Sender)
{
frm_Main->Repaint();
}
Hi, have you tried with Invalidate() following the Repaint()?
void __fastcall Tfrm_Main::BottomPanelResize(TObject *Sender)
{
Invalidate();
Repaint();
}
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:TSplitter graphical "fragments"

Hi, have you tried with Invalidate() following the Repaint()?

void __fastcall Tfrm_Main::BottomPanelResize(TObject *Sender)
{
Invalidate();
Repaint();
}
Yup, I tried it, but still the same behaviour.
Doesn´t really matter, I´m not that pettily. I just wondered if
I´m the only one complaining about this (obviously and
reproduceable) bug. So I will put this issue into the same box
where the "TStatusBar bug" and the
"TLabel-I-sometimes-change-my-font-if-I-like-to-bug"
reside ;) *G
Regards, Dirk.

{smallsort}