Making VCL control available to ActiveX Wizard

Hi,

So I have written a VCL control that extends a parent ActiveX control. Now I
wanted to make an ActiveX version of the VCL control using the ActiveX
control Wizard. But the control is not showing up among the available
classes. I looked in the parent's VCL wrapper and the Register function does
not have a RegisterNonActiveX call. I don't understand why my control is not
showing up. Does anybody know how to get around this problem?

Thanks,

Anthony

Re:Making VCL control available to ActiveX Wizard

I really do not understand this issue. The ActiveX Control Wizard is
supposed to be able to derive from any class that derives from TWinControl,
plus any custom components that are included in the project.
My component derives from an ActiveX control I imported into Builder. The
ActiveX VCL wrapper is a class that derives from TOleControl which in turn
derives from TWinControl. But these controls do not appear in the list. I
also tried including the files of my control to an ActiveX DLL project, but
again, no luck with the Wizard. I think that this should work. What could I
be doing wrong? And if it is not possible to do this, why not?

Thanks,

Anthony

"Anthony Gallagher" <antho...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

> Hi,

> So I have written a VCL control that extends a parent ActiveX control. Now
> wanted to make an ActiveX version of the VCL control using the ActiveX
> control Wizard. But the control is not showing up among the available
> classes. I looked in the parent's VCL wrapper and the Register function
does
> not have a RegisterNonActiveX call. I don't understand why my control is
not
> showing up. Does anybody know how to get around this problem?

> Thanks,

> Anthony

Re:Making VCL control available to ActiveX Wizard

Hi Aphrael,

Can I 'unsuppress' them?

Thanks,

Anthony

> I really do not understand this issue. The ActiveX Control Wizard is
> supposed to be able to derive from any class that derives from
TWinControl,
> plus any custom components that are included in the project.
> My component derives from an ActiveX control I imported into Builder. The
> ActiveX VCL wrapper is a class that derives from TOleControl which in turn
> derives from TWinControl. But these controls do not appear in the list. I
> also tried including the files of my control to an ActiveX DLL project,
but
> again, no luck with the Wizard. I think that this should work. What could
> be doing wrong? And if it is not possible to do this, why not?

> Thanks,

> Anthony

> "Anthony Gallagher" <antho...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > So I have written a VCL control that extends a parent ActiveX control.
Now
> > wanted to make an ActiveX version of the VCL control using the ActiveX
> > control Wizard. But the control is not showing up among the available
> > classes. I looked in the parent's VCL wrapper and the Register function
> does
> > not have a RegisterNonActiveX call. I don't understand why my control is
> not
> > showing up. Does anybody know how to get around this problem?

> > Thanks,

> > Anthony

Other Threads