Pixels property, Scanline property

Simply stated:

If i set Pixels one by one, do i get the same graphic output as if i
move the same numeric data into a scanline?

If no, why?

Is there anybody in the Bteam or anywhere at Borland who is willing to
answer non-trivial questions?

Re:Pixels property, Scanline property

"Aldo Marchioni" <aldo_marchi...@iol.it> wrote in message

> Simply stated:

> If i set Pixels one by one, do i get the same graphic output as if i
> move the same numeric data into a scanline?

It depends on the PixelFormat of the TBitmap.  The Pixels property works on
full 32-bit TColors and converts between that and whatever format the
TBitmap is in.  Conversely, the ScanLine property gives you direct access to
the raw pixel data in whatever form, as dictated by the PixelFormat.

Because of the way the Pixels property works it is always faster to access
via ScanLine, but you have to know what the PixelFormat is and how each
pixel's color information is encoded.

See my latest reply in the 'ScanLine versus Pixels...' thread.

> If no, why?

> Is there anybody in the Bteam or anywhere at Borland who is willing to
> answer non-trivial questions?

Most of them hang around the more active groups where they are needed most.
This group is only infrequently active, so we tend to fend for ourselves.  I
guess Graphics is 'frontier country' around here :)

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

Other Threads