Not the first I am sure but...

I have C++ Builder V5 Enterprise. I thought I was going mad the other day,
as I could have sworn blind that I saw godzilla or something like it when I
started the bcb program up to do some all important code changes. I spent
the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out if I had been stung with a
virus.

I have now located the godzilla,along with several other pictures that
appeared if you start the ide whilst keeping CTRL and shift keys held down.
The splash screen displays Rampage enterprise suite, not c++builder, cool
really.

Now, I want to know how do I do the same in my application????

Re:Not the first I am sure but...

"MarkR" <mark.richar...@wapthespamntlworld.com> wrote in message

> I have C++ Builder V5 Enterprise. I thought I was going
> mad the other day, as I could have sworn blind that I saw
> godzilla or something like it when I started the bcb program
> up to do some all important code changes. I spent the rest
> of the afternoon trying to figure out if I had been stung with a
> virus.

It's not a virus.  It's a little-known splash screen easter egg :-)

> Now, I want to know how do I do the same in my application????

Simply create a separate form with a TImage on it to use as the sclash
screen.  Then during your application's loading, use the GetKeyState() or
GetAsyncKeyState() function from the Win32 API to test whether certain keys
are currently held down, and if so then display the form and load in the
appropriate image.

Gambit

Re:Not the first I am sure but...

Yeah, in my very first GUI application 4 years ago, I did that same thing
:-)

Gambit

> I will incorporate my own pics into my aps asp, if only to
> act as proof i did the work!

Other Threads