Maximum length of treenode text?

Am I right that text presented in tree view can contain only 255
characters???
(both c++Builder, and Delphi).
How to increase it?
    Tomasz

Re:Maximum length of treenode text?

Hi Tomasz --

> Am I right that text presented in tree view can contain only 255
> characters???

Many common controls suffer from this limit.  However, if you use the CustomDraw
service to render the text manually, you can surpass 255 characters.

Good luck!

--
Damon Chandler (TeamB)
http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com

Re:Maximum length of treenode text?

I'm using CustomDraw for other purpose, but I can mix both tasks.
Problem:  horizontal scroll bar - there is no OnMeasureItem or something like this.
I need in some cases horizontal scroll bar much bigger (longer) - who to set it?
    Tomasz
"Damon Chandler (TeamB)" wrote:
> Hi Tomasz --
> > Am I right that text presented in tree view can contain only 255
> > characters???

> Many common controls suffer from this limit.  However, if you use the CustomDraw
> service to render the text manually, you can surpass 255 characters.

> Good luck!

> --
> Damon Chandler (TeamB)
> http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com