Antialias text

Is there any way to have antialiased text in builder?  Even true type fonts
don't look that good.

Re:Antialias text

Hi, Joe.

Joe Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to have antialiased text in builder?  Even true type fonts
> don't look that good.

I *think* that anti-aliasing is a global setting.  On W2K it appears in
the display properties (right-click desktop, properties) Effects tab
("Smooth edges of screen fonts" checkbox).  Anyway, since the VCL simply
wraps the WinAPI font/GDI calls, I doubt that this is specific to BCB.

HTH.

robert

Re:Antialias text

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I have to support win98 as well :)  I'm
hoping to make this as pretty as possible on both platforms. Not sure how
easy that will be though.

"Robert Dunn" <robertd...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Hi, Joe.

> Joe Smith wrote:

> > Is there any way to have antialiased text in builder?  Even true type
fonts
> > don't look that good.

> I *think* that anti-aliasing is a global setting.  On W2K it appears in
> the display properties (right-click desktop, properties) Effects tab
> ("Smooth edges of screen fonts" checkbox).  Anyway, since the VCL simply
> wraps the WinAPI font/GDI calls, I doubt that this is specific to BCB.

> HTH.

> robert

Re:Antialias text

In article <3bc5b1d6$1_1@dnews>, Jchap...@cenadex.com says...

> Thanks for the info, unfortunately I have to support win98 as well :)  I'm
> hoping to make this as pretty as possible on both platforms. Not sure how
> easy that will be though.

No prob, it's supported on win98 as well (and even win95 with some
updates, iirc). I believe the way to enable this is similar on win98 as
win2k, somewhere in display settings.

However, it doesn't work if the desktop is using 16 / 256 color mode
(but I don't think much people use that stone age stuff anymore).

Greets,
Rogier.

Re:Antialias text

Hello Joe,

"Joe Smith" <Jchap...@cenadex.com> schreef in bericht

> Thanks for the info, unfortunately I have to support win98 as well :)  I'm
> hoping to make this as pretty as possible on both platforms. Not sure how
> easy that will be though.

If all else fails, have a look at the win.ini file
In the [truetype] section set FontSmoothing=1
and Bob's your uncle, or should I say Bill...;-))

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam

         Jan

email: bijs...@worldonline.nl