BCB with AMD K6-2 300

I install BCB 3 on a AMD K6-2 300 machine, but BCB 3 hangs when start.
Can BCB 3 run with a AMD K6-2 300 CPU?

Michael Tsai
E-Mail: easy...@ms2.seeder.net

Re:BCB with AMD K6-2 300

Sorry, I found it's S3 display card's fault.
Just turn off the hardware acceleration.

Re:BCB with AMD K6-2 300

> I install BCB 3 on a AMD K6-2 300 machine, but BCB 3 hangs when start.
> Can BCB 3 run with a AMD K6-2 300 CPU?

Chances are you have a display driver problem, most probably you even
have the infamous S3 chip.  There are 4 things you can try to fix this:

1) Make sure you have the latest and greatest driver for you display board.
If you do have the much maligned S3 chip, you can also check out www.s3.com
for more drivers.

2) If you add the parameter -ns to the command line in your shortcut that
starts up BCB (for No Splashscreen), it probably will help.

3) You can turn down the hardware acceleration used.  Found in the Properties
of My Computer under the Performance tab.

4) Play the display mode, using different depths and/or screen sizes.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
 should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
 him." -- Dereke Bruce

Other Threads