BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

Hello!
I create some ActiveX in BCB 4.0 and test it with VB 6.0. I have not
problems.
But when I insert ActiveX into MS Access form, at runtime ActiveX not works
and sends message " It is not Object."

Please help me.
Evgeni.

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

MSDN site has a description of problems with Office apps and ActiveX
controls. If my memory serves me right, Office apps don't work well with
ActiveX controls.

Alex

Evgeni wrote:

> Hello!
> I create some ActiveX in BCB 4.0 and test it with VB 6.0. I have not
> problems.
> But when I insert ActiveX into MS Access form, at runtime ActiveX not works
> and sends message " It is not Object."

> Please help me.
> Evgeni.

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

Evgeni wrote

> But when I insert ActiveX into MS Access form, at runtime ActiveX
not works
> and sends message " It is not Object."

Like Alex says, MS Access has problems with ActiveX controls. It seems
to need some un-known combination of interfaces or it craters. There
is some information on MSDN but I haven't been able to find anything
definitive myself.

If you don't have these interfaces, try adding them and see if it
makes a difference:
IPersistPropertyBagImpl
IPerPropertyBrowsingImpl

-- Dave

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

Thanks a lot  Alexey!
But you said about some description on MSDN. I can not find this
description.
Can you send ID of this description???

Best Regards.

Evgeni.

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] <al...@jetsuite.com> wrote in message

> MSDN site has a description of problems with Office apps and ActiveX
> controls. If my memory serves me right, Office apps don't work well with
> ActiveX controls.

> Alex

> Evgeni wrote:

> > Hello!
> > I create some ActiveX in BCB 4.0 and test it with VB 6.0. I have not
> > problems.
> > But when I insert ActiveX into MS Access form, at runtime ActiveX not
works
> > and sends message " It is not Object."

> > Please help me.
> > Evgeni.

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

Thanks a lot  Alexey!
But you said about some description on MSDN. I can not find this
description.
Can you send ID of this description???

Best Regards.

Evgeni.

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] <al...@jetsuite.com> wrote in message

> MSDN site has a description of problems with Office apps and ActiveX
> controls. If my memory serves me right, Office apps don't work well with
> ActiveX controls.

> Alex

> Evgeni wrote:

> > Hello!
> > I create some ActiveX in BCB 4.0 and test it with VB 6.0. I have not
> > problems.
> > But when I insert ActiveX into MS Access form, at runtime ActiveX not
works
> > and sends message " It is not Object."

> > Please help me.
> > Evgeni.

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

It is Alex, Genya ;)

I don't have the ID. Just search for the ActiveX and Access, for
example.

Alex

Evgeni wrote:

[snip]

Re:BCB 4.0 and MS Access 97 problem.

Evgeni wrote

> Can you send ID of this description???

You could start here:
OFF97: Limitations of ActiveX Control Support in Office Document
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q168/3/92.asp

-- Dave

Other Threads