How do I stop that initial empty project?

    Everytime builder starts up there an initial project and form
created. The repedity of close it everytime is slowly driving me insane.
There must be a way to stop it. pleease!

thanks in advance

Keith

Re:How do I stop that initial empty project?

I don't know exactly what you want, but if you go to Tools|Environment
Options and check Autosave Options - Desktop, it will remember the last
project you were using and open it again at startup.

Keith MacCrimmon escreveu na mensagem
<35F04954.63A25...@flair.law.ubc.ca>...

>    Everytime builder starts up there an initial project and form
>created. The repedity of close it everytime is slowly driving me insane.
>There must be a way to stop it. pleease!

>thanks in advance

>Keith

Re:How do I stop that initial empty project?

>     Everytime builder starts up there an initial project and form
> created. The repedity of close it everytime is slowly driving me insane.

There's no way to make BCB open up with an empty workspace.  You have two
workarounds (both work together):

1) Turn on, in the Environment Options... under Tools, the Autosave Desktop
option.  Now BCB will save how the windows look for this project when you
do a save, and it will open up the last project you were working on whenever
you start BCB without an intial project (see below).  BTW, it's probably
a Real Good Idea to also turn on the other Autosave option, which will save
your source files whenver you Run, so you don't lose any changes if the IDE
should crash.

2) If you "run" the .bpr file, and you have BCB correctly associated with the
.bpr file (this is for BCB3,  BCB1 uses .mak files - this association should
done for you when you do the install), BCB will start up with that project for
you.  So you can create a shortcut to the project (the .bpr/.mak file) you are
interested in working on and it will go right to that project.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
 should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
 him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:How do I stop that initial empty project?

   You don't have to close it.  Just reload what you were working on and
the empty project closes automatically.

--
Robert Price
e-mail: bobprice at enteract dot com