What is the best regular expression library/component in your opinion?

2004-06-17 02:29:43 PM
cppbuilder90
Hi,
I've been looking at using some simple regular expression processing in
an application, partly as an academic exercise and also because I think
it will simplify what I'll have to do.
I've found numerous regular expression libraries/components. What is
your opinion on these? How well do they work with Borland C++ Builder
6? How easy are they to set up and use?
The regular expression libraries/components are:
1) Boost: www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/install.html
2) TRegExpr: regexpstudio.com/TRegExpr/TRegExpr.html
3) PCRE: sourceforge.net/projects/pcre/
4) TropicSoft: www.tropicsoft.com/Components/RegularExpression/default.htm
Are there any others that are worth a mention?
Thanks very much for your help
Prem.

Re:What is the best regular expression library/component in your opinion?

Prem < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I've found numerous regular expression libraries/components. What is
your opinion on these?
I know the Boost library and find it very good.

Re:What is the best regular expression library/component in your opinion?

The regular expression libraries/components are:
1) Boost: www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/install.html
2) TRegExpr: regexpstudio.com/TRegExpr/TRegExpr.html
3) PCRE: sourceforge.net/projects/pcre/
4) TropicSoft: www.tropicsoft.com/Components/RegularExpression/default.htm
Boost is good. I have no knocks against it directly. However, I
have run into some template bugs in the BCB compiler that caused
it to crash. This is not the fault of the author of boost::regex
in any way.
I have a wrapper class that I use that encapsulates PCRE. I like
PCRE, but I would not use it directly. Write a wrapper class, or
find one.
I have not used the other two. Personally, I would not choose
a pascal based component when pure C++ alternatives exit. The
last link seems to be a C++ wrapper for boost.
H^2

{smallsort}