how to scroll a TreeView

2006-11-19 12:56:59 AM
cppbuilder81
Hi,
when using dragdrop a treeview I use scrolls down and right but not up or to
left.
I used SetScrollPos to move the scrollbars myself but the canvas of the
treeview isn't updated even using refresh or repaint so... how do I tell the
TreeView to update what's painted inside it?

Re:how to scroll a TreeView

"4N" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] I used SetScrollPos [...] but [...] treeview isn't
updated even using refresh or repaint
Have you confirmed that SetScrollPos is actually working
as you expect?
~ JD

Re:how to scroll a TreeView

I did it... using
SendMessage(handle, WM_HSCROLL, SB_LINEUP, NULL);
but I still wonder why SetScrollPos doesn't work.
"4N" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio

when using dragdrop a treeview I use scrolls down and right but not up or
to left.
I used SetScrollPos to move the scrollbars myself but the canvas of the
treeview isn't updated even using refresh or repaint so... how do I tell
the TreeView to update what's painted inside it?

{smallsort}

Re:how to scroll a TreeView

Right, mdsn actually says it scrolls the bars, not that it refreshes the
content of the tree contol, what subtleness!
Anyway it also says it can be used to break the 16 bit barrier of
WM_HSCROLL/WM_VSCROLL messages, and since the latter work so the former
should, or was it only my guess?
whatever.