Newbie: DirectX game engine for BCB/Delphi?

Hi,
I would like to program a little game with DirectX and BCB6 just for fun and
to get a little insight in the matter. I've worked with DirectSound for a
while now so I think I'm familiar with using DirectX interfaces.
Then I read a book by Charlie Calvert who recommended using a third party
game engine (he used his own set of VCL components that wrap the DirectX
API) and not to write everything from scratch.

So my question is:
Is there any recommended freeware game engine for BCB (I guess Delphi would
be ok too, if I get it installed under BCB)?
Has anyone a good link for starting game development with BCB/Delphi?

thanks for any idea,
Nick

Re:Newbie: DirectX game engine for BCB/Delphi?

Hi Nick,

Check out these sites:
http://www.flipcode.com/
http://www.gamasutra.com/
http://www.gamedev.net/

Hope this helps,

Gert

Re:Newbie: DirectX game engine for BCB/Delphi?

thanks for the links,
Nick

Other Threads