Opening header files without opening the same .CPP file

Can anyone help?

It appears that whenever I open a header file for my project, the
IDE also opens the associated .CPP file as well. This is
regardless of whether or not I already have the CPP file open.

This can lead to me having a number of versions of the same source file
open at the same time which can have different contents. If I don't spot it
and do a make I get error messages because of the later opened source file.

When I close the later opened source file, the IDE appears to close the
header file
as well.

I have had a look in the environment and the project options and cannot find
anything
that can stop this. What am I missing.

Cheers

Gavin

Re:Opening header files without opening the same .CPP file

>>It appears that whenever I open a header file for my project, the

IDE also opens the associated .CPP file as well.

That's just the way it works, I'm afraid. I hope to see this behavior change
in future versions of BCB but we're stuck with it for now.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Opening header files without opening the same .CPP file

Gavin Savage <gav...@space.net.au> wrote in article
<6svm52$...@forums.borland.com>...

> Can anyone help?

> It appears that whenever I open a header file for my project, the
> IDE also opens the associated .CPP file as well. This is
> regardless of whether or not I already have the CPP file open.

If the CPP is open, right-click and choose Open .... Header; you won't then
get another CPP, but you cannot stop at least one. But you can then
right-click the CPP and Close Page to remove it.
HTH.  Derek.

Re:Opening header files without opening the same .CPP file

Maybe u could try oppening it ( the header)by rigth clicking in the
editor and selecting open header file.or if the header his opened this
will open the cpp file ...should do the trick but of course u have to
open the cpp before.........

Matz.

Gavin Savage wrote:

> Can anyone help?

> It appears that whenever I open a header file for my project, the
> IDE also opens the associated .CPP file as well. This is
> regardless of whether or not I already have the CPP file open.

> This can lead to me having a number of versions of the same source file
> open at the same time which can have different contents. If I don't spot it
> and do a make I get error messages because of the later opened source file.

> When I close the later opened source file, the IDE appears to close the
> header file
> as well.

> I have had a look in the environment and the project options and cannot find
> anything
> that can stop this. What am I missing.

> Cheers

> Gavin