How do I update/remove an ActiveX component?

I previously installed a third party package of ActiveX components into my
component palette.  When I try to update the components (do a reinstall), I
get an error message that says the class name of the component(s) is already
installed.  That's true, but I don't see anyway to delete/remove the
components or package.

I tried deleting the components from "Palette Properties" window, but that
seems to just hide the components.  They still show up when list [ALL] pages
is selected.

Please help, if anyone can tell me how to delete a previously installed
component.

Thanks,

Dave.

Re:How do I update/remove an ActiveX component?

Dave,

There is no way to remove a component, that I can see.
The way to do it is to load your package by File | Open and select your .bpl
or .bpk file.  The package should contain the third party component. Now
just treat the package like your project, and add or remove any source files
from it. Then recompile.
I wish the BCB IDE made this implementation more logical.

gl...and let me know,

Tom

Daver <dro...@iclinks.com> wrote in message news:3b4cc8c7$1_2@dnews...
> I previously installed a third party package of ActiveX components into my
> component palette.  When I try to update the components (do a reinstall),
> get an error message that says the class name of the component(s) is
already
> installed.  That's true, but I don't see anyway to delete/remove the
> components or package.

> I tried deleting the components from "Palette Properties" window, but that
> seems to just hide the components.  They still show up when list [ALL]
pages
> is selected.

> Please help, if anyone can tell me how to delete a previously installed
> component.

> Thanks,

> Dave.

Other Threads