no one on earth knows how to copy a controls tcanvas to a bitmap canvas?

how can this be?

Re:no one on earth knows how to copy a controls tcanvas to a bitmap canvas?

"Colin Wilson" <Col...@pop.mis.net> wrote in message

> how can this be?

I responded to your other post (admittedly after reading this one).

Some friendly advice.  In general, though, you shouldn't post messages like
this.  If you have any comments about your previous post you should keep it
contained there.  Also, there are many people who don't like to answer posts
where the question is in the subject so try to avoid that as well.

Tootles,

- Clayton

Re:no one on earth knows how to copy a controls tcanvas to a bitmap canvas?

The PaintTo method might work for some controls (beware of
glitches like the missing text in a combobox for example).

ScreenShots work well to. I have some pascal code
I could email to you.

If you need real industrial strength control grabbing and
printing, take a look at TExcellentFormPrinter, at
www.code4sale.com

If you are planning to print the bitmap, I would recommend
our TExcellentImagePrinter product, as the VCL raster methods
and StretchDIBits() calls fail on many printers.

Joe
--
John Kaster is cycling to cure cancer! Lets help him out! http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/
Jimmy Page is having a charity artwork sale: Action For Brazil's Children Trust: http://www.abctrust.org.uk/