Board index » cppbuilder » Can′t save change the project - options!!!

Can′t save change the project - options!!!

Hi!

I have been working on a project for a time and suddenly I cant run the
exe. I get this message:
    "Cant scan PE header"

Then I suspected that the LINKER options were wrong. But every time I
change then and click
OK then go back to the old state again.
Does anyone know this problem?

Is it possible to change the option manually?

Best regards
Erik Holmberg

 

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


: Erik Holmberg <eri...@canit.se> wrote:

Quote
>I have been working on a project for a time and suddenly I cant run the
>exe. I get this message:
>    "Cant scan PE header"

It appears as if you have a background virus checked installed.

Quote
>Then I suspected that the LINKER options were wrong. But every time I
>change then and click
>OK then go back to the old state again.
>Does anyone know this problem?

It is possible that your project option settings got corrupted. Try
opening the BPR file in Notepad while the IDE is not running and look for
"strange things". If there are none, just recreate the project and add all
existing source files to it.

--
General information:
  * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
    * Do not cross- or multipost
      * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


Hi again!

Quote
"Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
> : Erik Holmberg <eri...@canit.se> wrote:

> >I have been working on a project for a time and suddenly I cant run the
> >exe. I get this message:
> >    "Cant scan PE header"

> It appears as if you have a background virus checked installed.

What is a "background virus" then?
Doesnt F-Secure protect you from this?
Do you think it could possible have to do with the BCB 4 up2  - patch???

Quote

> >Then I suspected that the LINKER options were wrong. But every time I
> >change then and click
> >OK then go back to the old state again.
> >Does anyone know this problem?

> It is possible that your project option settings got corrupted. Try
> opening the BPR file in Notepad while the IDE is not running and look for
> "strange things".

Havent spotted any strange stuff yet...

Quote
> If there are none, just recreate the project and add all
> existing source files to it.

OK, Ill try this...

/Erik

Quote

> --
> General information:
>   * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
>     * Do not cross- or multipost
>       * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

> Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
> (TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


: Erik Holmberg <eri...@canit.se> wrote:

Quote
>> It appears as if you have a background virus checked installed.

>What is a "background virus" then?

Sorry, spelling mistake: "background virus checker"

Quote
>Doesnt F-Secure protect you from this?

F-Secure probably is the reason for this message.

--
General information:
  * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
    * Do not cross- or multipost
      * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


Quote
"Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
> : Erik Holmberg <eri...@canit.se> wrote:

> >> It appears as if you have a background virus checked installed.

> >What is a "background virus" then?

> Sorry, spelling mistake: "background virus checker"

> >Doesnt F-Secure protect you from this?

> F-Secure probably is the reason for this message.

Yes, it seams like that... I dont run F-secure myself, but my working
partner that also
is on this project has it.

It worked when I made a new project and added all the files to it!
Thanx!!!
One last question, I did this upgrade BCB4 no 2 but in the "about box"
it still
says "Update Pack 1"    Do you know why?

Best regards
Erik Holmberg

Quote

> --
> General information:
>   * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
>     * Do not cross- or multipost
>       * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

> Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
> (TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


Quote
> One last question, I did this upgrade BCB4 no 2 but in the "about box"
> it still
> says "Update Pack 1"    Do you know why?

The second update doesn't affect the IDE so the about box wasn't changed by
it.

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


Can some one please arrange for this information to be added to the readme
file in the patch, and have it on the web page that you get the download
from as a note.  The questions about this are getting annoying now.

Chris Wood

Quote
Liz Albin wrote in message <820mln$o...@forums.borland.com>...
>The second update doesn't affect the IDE so the about box wasn't changed by
>it.

Re:Can′t save change the project - options!!!


Quote
: <Chris_Wood(AT)keane(DOT)uk(DOT)com> wrote:
>Can some one please arrange for this information to be added to the readme
>file in the patch,

Noted and forwarded. Thanks!

--
General information:
  * Post to the right group - http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/
    * Do not cross- or multipost
      * Research at http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Stefan Hoffmeister - http://www.econos.de/
(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Other Threads