got compile errors when including VCL.h header file

Hello list members,

while compiling my project, I got these logs.

[C++] Compiling: C:\Program
Files\Borland\CBuilder5\Projects\iSMaster\CM11_12_99.cpp
[C++] Including vcl4.h instead of vcl.h due to -Hr switch
[C++ Error] QRPrgres.hpp(39): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
  Full parser context
    CM11_12_99.cpp(3): #include C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\VCL4.H
    VCL4.H(11): #include C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\vcl0.h
    vcl0.h(96): #include C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\Quickrpt.hpp
    Quickrpt.hpp(15): #include C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\QRPrgres.hpp
    QRPrgres.hpp(31): namespace Qrprgres
    QRPrgres.hpp(34): class TQRProgressForm

The file CM11_12_99.cpp is first one which is compiled. There were no other
files before.
And in line 3 it includes the vcl.h
So there can't be an follow up error from my files. But I do not believe
that there are mistakes in the VCL Headers.
Has someone else got this behaviour? How may I solve it?
What is about the second message. Why does the make process use the vcl4.h
and not the vcl.h?
vcl4.h looks like this:
#define INC_VCLDB_HEADERS
#define INC_VCLEXT_HEADERS
#define INC_OLE_HEADERS

#include <vcl0.h>

and because of the three defines the vcl0.h includes almost every vcl
H-file.
but I do not need all of them.
It makes me angry, because of I am not using the Qrprges class. It can go to
hell. I do not need it.

Any advise is welcome.

Greetings Tim

Re:got compile errors when including VCL.h header file

hello again,

I got a solution. I restated the BCB. And now it works.
Funny but angry trouble.

I should mention that I am unsing BCB 5. Perhaps this mistake is gone in
version 6.

cheers.

"Tim Lapawa" <lap...@insynergie.de> wrote in message

> Hello list members,

> while compiling my project, I got these logs.

> [C++] Compiling: C:\Program
> Files\Borland\CBuilder5\Projects\iSMaster\CM11_12_99.cpp
> [C++] Including vcl4.h instead of vcl.h due to -Hr switch
> [C++ Error] QRPrgres.hpp(39): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
>   Full parser context
>     CM11_12_99.cpp(3): #include C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\VCL4.H
>     VCL4.H(11): #include C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\vcl0.h
>     vcl0.h(96): #include C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\Quickrpt.hpp
>     Quickrpt.hpp(15): #include C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\INCLUDE\VCL\QRPrgres.hpp
>     QRPrgres.hpp(31): namespace Qrprgres
>     QRPrgres.hpp(34): class TQRProgressForm

> The file CM11_12_99.cpp is first one which is compiled. There were no
other
> files before.
> And in line 3 it includes the vcl.h
> So there can't be an follow up error from my files. But I do not believe
> that there are mistakes in the VCL Headers.
> Has someone else got this behaviour? How may I solve it?
> What is about the second message. Why does the make process use the vcl4.h
> and not the vcl.h?
> vcl4.h looks like this:
> #define INC_VCLDB_HEADERS
> #define INC_VCLEXT_HEADERS
> #define INC_OLE_HEADERS

> #include <vcl0.h>

> and because of the three defines the vcl0.h includes almost every vcl
> H-file.
> but I do not need all of them.
> It makes me angry, because of I am not using the Qrprges class. It can go
> hell. I do not need it.

> Any advise is welcome.

> Greetings Tim

Other Threads