Help! Windows won't shut down while using TClientSocket and TServerSocket!!!

This one is a real mind boggler! Whenever I have use a TClientSocket or a
TServerSocket and make them connect, then my program will not allow windows
to shut down, until I maually close my program, even if the sockets are no
longer connected. I have tried all the differnt technics like traping the
WM_QUERYENDSESSION and WM_ENDSESSION and did every thing I could with no
success. I would really appreciate some help on this one.

Re:Help! Windows won't shut down while using TClientSocket and TServerSocket!!!

My own simple connections programs (based on the "Chat example" at
borland.com) don't exhibit this problem.  Rather than intercepting
messages, do you have an OnCloseQuery handler for the Main form of the
project, that does the logical things like closing active connections
and deleting run-time objects, and setting CanClose=true;?  If you
post again, please give your OS, BCB version, and whether the TSockets
are "visual" or run-time.
-------
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater, New York NY
mail address tbuchmanPLEASE(at sign)REMOVEcitycenter.org
Please treat this signature information as confidential.
Search .borland message archive on http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Lucas Barlow <lu...@barlow.net> wrote in message

> This one is a real mind boggler! Whenever I have use a TClientSocket
or a
> TServerSocket and make them connect, then my program will not allow
windows
> to shut down, until I maually close my program, even if the sockets

are no

Re:Help! Windows won't shut down while using TClientSocket and TServerSocket!!!

Thank you for replying. My Socket controls are visual as I am using them
right now, but I have tried creating them at run-time and they do the same
thing. I am running BCB 5.0 in Windows 2000, but I was having this same
problem when I was using BCB 4 and when I had Windows NT 4. I have tried
setting CanClose = true; in the OnCloseQuery event also but it still does
it.

"Timothy H. Buchman" <tbuch...@citycenter.org> wrote in message

> My own simple connections programs (based on the "Chat example" at
> borland.com) don't exhibit this problem.  Rather than intercepting
> messages, do you have an OnCloseQuery handler for the Main form of the
> project, that does the logical things like closing active connections
> and deleting run-time objects, and setting CanClose=true;?  If you
> post again, please give your OS, BCB version, and whether the TSockets
> are "visual" or run-time.
> -------
> Timothy H. Buchman
> City Center Theater, New York NY
> mail address tbuchmanPLEASE(at sign)REMOVEcitycenter.org
> Please treat this signature information as confidential.
> Search .borland message archive on http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

> Lucas Barlow <lu...@barlow.net> wrote in message
> > This one is a real mind boggler! Whenever I have use a TClientSocket
> or a
> > TServerSocket and make them connect, then my program will not allow
> windows
> > to shut down, until I maually close my program, even if the sockets
> are no

Other Threads