refreshing part of the screen

Hello,
I always used BC++ and OnPaint function gives a TRect structure
indicating which part of the screen to paint. Now the OnPaint event of
BCB++ does not include such a structure. How can I know which part of
the screen to paint?

Francois Bilodeau
frabi...@lino.com
http://lino.com/~frabilod

Re:refreshing part of the screen

>>Now the OnPaint event of BCB++ does not include such a structure. How can

I know which part of the screen to paint?

AFAIK VCL does not give you that information. You could, however, call
GetUpdateRect() to find out how much of the screen to repaint. I'm not sure
whether you can effectively do that from within OnPaint or whether you'll
have to catch WM_PAINT yourself and circumvent VCL.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Other Threads