Urgent please -> Problem with anchors

I converted a project from BCB4 to BCB5.
One of the forms have a TCEdit control (inherited from TEdit) as child of a
TPanel.
The TPanel control has its property Align to alTop.
The TCEdit control has its property Anchors set to akRight.
When I resize the form the TPanel is resized but not the TCEdit.
If I delete and re-create the TCEdit, the resize works until I save and
close the project. When I re-open the form, it doesn't resize again.
I looked at the DFM and the object's Anchors property is saved correctly.
The object inspector shows correct values for Anchors as well, but it
doesn't resize.
Does anyone have a solution here? Should I do something at the component
level (TCEdit)?
Thanks
Gil

Re:Urgent please -> Problem with anchors

Hi, Gil!

TEdit controls will not get taller, but can get wider with anchors. Make
sure the right, left, and top anchors are true and the bottom false.

FYI, please don't multi or cross post, as it is against newsgroup
guidelines and causes all sorts of confusion.

Thanks!

------
Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
------

Re:Urgent please -> Problem with anchors

Mark Cashman (TeamB) wrote...
>Hi, Gil!

>TEdit controls will not get taller, but can get wider with anchors.

They will get taller too, if you set akBottom too. At least, in Delphi
they will.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Other Threads