dll's,dll's and more dll's

It's been a crazy year at work for me so far this year and I haven't had
much time for playing with my new toys.  I just finished a small program
with cppb 3.0 and I had to move two dll's to the client machine to get the
program to execute (I hate this).  I wanted everything contained in one
executable and I'm sure there is a way to do this -but- I haven't  had time
to look into the problem.  Would somebody please tell me how to compile a
program that requires no dll's at run time?

Thanx in advance...

Olice Certain
ocert...@webwide.net

Re:dll's,dll's and more dll's

Oly, haven't seen you around these parts much lately.  Anyway, you need to
go into the Project Options dialog and deselect the Use Dynamic RTL option.
Furthermore, make sure that you aren't passing AnsiStrings between functions
(although you shouldn't have any problems within a single module).  Also,
make sure that you are not using runtime packages.  I'm assuming that the
DLLs you are having to copy are some combination of two of the RTL, VCL, and
BorlandMM.

Hope this helps.

     Kevin

oly wrote:
> Would somebody please tell me how to compile a program that
> requires no dll's at run time?

You can do this to get the executable as one big file with no dlls:

Project|Options|Linker-> (uncheck use dynamic RTL)
Project|Options|Packages-> (uncheck build with runtime packages)

--
Chris (TeamB)

Re:dll's,dll's and more dll's

Thanks Kevin, Chris for your response....

Olice Certain
ocert...@webwide.net

Other Threads