IDE Questions (block indent and auto indent)

1.      Is it possible for me to select a block and then hit tab, and have
the whole block indented one tab stop (as in VC) - if it is, should this
not be part of the "Editor Visual Studio Emulation" setting ?
2.      Again, about VC Editor emulation: In VC, If Im searching for text,
and then hit <CTRL><SHFT><F3> it starts to search backwards - this does
not happen in the VC emulation mode - can I alter this or add this
functionality through some IDE setting or whatever? If I cant do either
of these two, is this considered a "bug" or a "missing feature" ? {:-)
3.      Can I alter the way "auto-indent" works, as its standard formatting
style is not what it was in the days of Turbo C?

Thanks

Nick

Re:IDE Questions (block indent and auto indent)

I use the Brief mode and in it #1 is possible ( alt-c the block you
need, hit tab or shift-tab ). #2 I think is possible - if you changed
the direction in the search dialog, it will remain so. I'm not aware of
the keyboard combination for this.

HTH,
Alex

--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:IDE Questions (block indent and auto indent)

Hi, Nick!

Highlight the code to indent and ctrl-shift-i to indent and ctrl-shift-u
to unindent (default keymap).

Incremental search I believe follows the parameters set in the last
dialog oriented "find".

------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
http://www.temporaldoorway.com
- Original digital art, writing, music and more -
C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
(Join us!)
------

Other Threads