BCB4 compile-time to high

Units: 15
the Project.TDS file is about 10MB

after the Projekt grows a little:
I got compile-times between 2 an 10 min.

even i only one small unit is touched a little

256MB memory and wide-fast-scsi-II drives
NT4.0 Server on P2 (300 or 400 MHz)

on small projects => no problem.
???

Re:BCB4 compile-time to high

Hi Ilia
you may try visiting www.bcbdev.com. Harold has an excellent article
on this one.
On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 05:14:49 +0100, ilias.lazari...@abeon.com wrote:
>after the Projekt grows a little:
>I got compile-times between 2 an 10 min.

Re:BCB4 compile-time to high

I'll do my Stefen Hoffmeister impression on this one :)

You might want to check to be sure you're utilizing pre-compiled headers. If
I'm not mistaken, the link is www.bcdev.com (???) there should be an article
on how to use them correctly. If used properly they can dramatically improve
performance (and keep you from rebuilding a project due to the littlest
change) but they don't do any good if used incorrectly.

Hope that helps!

Richard
--
================================
100 lil bugs in the code

Re:BCB4 compile-time to high

> I'm not mistaken, the link is www.bcdev.com (???)

Err... what Denis said. http://www.bcbdev.com :-)

Richard
--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,

ilias.lazari...@abeon.com wrote in message <38965DB9.DC4C7...@abeon.com>...
>Units: 15
>the Project.TDS file is about 10MB

>after the Projekt grows a little:
>I got compile-times between 2 an 10 min.

As the others have said, you should have a look at optimizing your
pre-compiled headers. My project has more than 110 units. A full build takes
3 minutes.

>even i only one small unit is touched a little

When I only touch one file, I can do a make in about 20 seconds. Almost all
20 seconds are consumed by the linker. It takes about a half-second to
compile the cpp file that I touched.

Harold Howe [TeamB]
http://www.bcbdev.com

Re:BCB4 compile-time to high

Thanks for the tip.

this article makes everything clear.

http://www.bcbdev.com/articles/pch.htm

)

ilias.lazari...@abeon.com wrote:
> Units: 15
> the Project.TDS file is about 10MB

> after the Projekt grows a little:
> I got compile-times between 2 an 10 min.

> even i only one small unit is touched a little

> 256MB memory and wide-fast-scsi-II drives
> NT4.0 Server on P2 (300 or 400 MHz)

> on small projects => no problem.
> ???

Other Threads