Removing a Form from a Project

Once a form has been incorporated into a program, how can it be
removed/deleted? Are there any dangers in removing a form?

Thanks,

Bob

Re:Removing a Form from a Project

To remove the form and its code module from a project, go to the Project
Explorer (ctrl-alt-F11), expand the project, select the entry for the form,
and hit the 'delete' key (or right-click and choose 'Remove').

There is no way to automatically remove references you might have made to
the form in other modules.

This does not delete the form and code module from disk, just removes it
from the current project.

Re:Removing a Form from a Project

BCB5 Pro - In the Project Manager, right click on the project, choose remove
file. Select the cpp file of the form you want to delete.

I'm not sure about other versions of BCB as I haven't used any of them.

The only danger is if you don't clean up after yourself. You need to make
sure that you remove all references in all other units or you're going to
get errors all over the place.

Jason

"Robert Penoyer" <rpeno...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Once a form has been incorporated into a program, how can it be
> removed/deleted? Are there any dangers in removing a form?

> Thanks,

> Bob

Re:Removing a Form from a Project

Jason,

Thanks. Yes, I should have mentioned that I'm using BCB5 Pro.

Bob

"Jason R. Hall" wrote:
> BCB5 Pro - In the Project Manager, right click on the project, choose remove
> file. Select the cpp file of the form you want to delete.

> I'm not sure about other versions of BCB as I haven't used any of them.

> The only danger is if you don't clean up after yourself. You need to make
> sure that you remove all references in all other units or you're going to
> get errors all over the place.

> Jason

> "Robert Penoyer" <rpeno...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Once a form has been incorporated into a program, how can it be
> > removed/deleted? Are there any dangers in removing a form?

> > Thanks,

> > Bob

Re:Removing a Form from a Project

Bob,
 There are three files every form .h,.cpp and .dfm removing them from the
project does not delete them, so if you wan't to clean up your directory
you can delete them in Windows Explorer. Right Click in Windows Explorer
and select sort by name and you will see the three files.

Regards Digby Millikan.
Geolite Mining Systems
dig...@ozemail.com.au
www.ozemail.com.au/~digbym

Re:Removing a Form from a Project

Oops. Forgot about that.

Jason

"Digby Millikan" <dig...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> Bob,
>  There are three files every form .h,.cpp and .dfm removing them from the
> project does not delete them, so if you wan't to clean up your directory
> you can delete them in Windows Explorer. Right Click in Windows Explorer
> and select sort by name and you will see the three files.

> Regards Digby Millikan.
> Geolite Mining Systems
> dig...@ozemail.com.au
> www.ozemail.com.au/~digbym