OLE & DDE

(oops, I posted this in .language first, oh well)

Is it possible to prevent a DDE client from launching a DDE server?  I
would rather have the client re-try connecting with the server (with a
timer maybe) than starting it on it's on.  Also, does anyone know of any
good articles on OLE and DDE.  Thanks a lot.  Bill

Re:OLE & DDE

: William Pierce <w...@net1plus.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to prevent a DDE client from launching a DDE server?  I
>would rather have the client re-try connecting with the server (with a
>timer maybe) than starting it on it's on.

Have a look at the ConnectMode property of the client conversation.

>Also, does anyone know of any
>good articles on OLE and DDE.

No, sorry.