Board index » cppbuilder » ANN: JVCL 3 RC 1 Released!
ANN: JVCL 3 RC 1 Released!
2005-01-09 05:29:54 AM
The JVCL Team is proud to announce that the first release candidate of
JVCL 3 is available for download.
JVCL is a library of approximately 500 visual and non-visual components
for Delphi 5, 6, 7 and 2005; C++Builder 5, 6 and Kylix 3. JVCL is
distributed subject to the Mozilla Public License Version 1.1
(www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html) and is completely free for all
developers (open source, shareware or commercial) and includes the full
source to all components.
This release contains changes, additions and bugfixes too numerous to
list here, but here are some of the highlights:
- Support for Delphi 5, 6, 7 and 2005 (Win32)
- Support for C++ Builder 5 and 6
- Support for Kylix 3
- The monolithic package structure of JVCL 2.10 has been broken into
- Files have been renamed and arranged using a more logical naming
scheme and folder structure, making it easier to find what you are
- Numerous components have been merged. This means there are almost no
duplicates in JVCL anymore.
- The full install contains a tool to convert large parts of your source
from JVCL 2.10 to JVCL 3.00, simplifying migration.
- Several new components and libraries have been added, among them UIB,
Globus, KWizard, DockPresident, Managed Threads, UIL Time Framework,
dxPack II, Jans Components, Print Preview, Ultim DB Components, Full
Color controls, a LED control, a checkbox/radiobutton treeview and an
- A new package generator that creates packages for all supported
platforms from XML files.
- A new installer that knows about and automatically detects package
dependecies, installing what you need in each supported version.
- Improved support for Windows XP theming.
- Improved support for VisualCLX (not complete).
- Numerous bugs fixed.
- Support for localization using dxgettext
If you are currently using JVCL 2.10, please read the documentation
*carefully* before installing JVCL 3, especially the migration document.
This release is available in four different flavors:
- Full install + latest JCL
- Full install without JCL
- Source and examples only
- Source only
Later on we will also provide separate downloads for those packages that
can be installed in a "stand-alone" mode (JvUIB, JvWizard, JvGlobus,
JvManagedThreads, JvDocking, JvXPCtrls and JvDotNetCtrls)
To download JVCL 3, go to sourceforge.net/projects/jvcl and click
the "Files" link at the top or go directly at this address:
The current version is JVCL 3.00 RC 1.
Olivier Sannier for the JVCL Team