* URGENT * Please can someone help me * URGENT *

Hi there,

Please could someone help me with a problem compiling an application suing
an imported TLB file from an exe COM server written in Visual C++. I am
getting ambiguity errors for which there is no logical explanation. The
error is "Ambiguity exists between TGUID and System::TGUID". The line
pointed out as the line on which the error occurs is in the TLB.h file !!! I
cannot understand this.

Please help me as I am getting desperate !!!

Thanks,

Robert Lancaster

Re:* URGENT * Please can someone help me * URGENT *

As I answered before, it seems that the type library defines a type
called TGUID. That's a pretty bad thing to do because it can lead to
such ambiguities. You certainly can modify the imported header to
resolve the ambiguity by prepending the System:: or the type library's
namespace.
hth,
.a
Robert Lancaster wrote:

> Hi there,

> Please could someone help me with a problem compiling an application suing
> an imported TLB file from an exe COM server written in Visual C++. I am
> getting ambiguity errors for which there is no logical explanation. The
> error is "Ambiguity exists between TGUID and System::TGUID". The line
> pointed out as the line on which the error occurs is in the TLB.h file !!! I
> cannot understand this.

> Please help me as I am getting desperate !!!

> Thanks,

> Robert Lancaster

Re:* URGENT * Please can someone help me * URGENT *

> error is "Ambiguity exists between TGUID and System::TGUID". The line

You could try this as an experiment; after doing "Project | Import
Type Library..." there is a list of "Class names" in the "Import
Type Library" dialog. If you scroll in the list to find "TGUID"
you can change the name right there in the list.

--Craig

Other Threads