Compiler Error: 'ResourceString' is not member of system

When I create a very basic COM client and try to compile it I get the
compiler error:
SysConst.hpp: 'ResourceString' is not member of System

This is only after I add the header and source file from the server.

Any tips on how to avoid/get rid of this?

Thanks

--
Paul Sorenson
Classware Australia Pty Ltd

Re:Compiler Error: 'ResourceString' is not member of system

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:25:14 +1000, "Sos" <pa...@classXware.com.au> wrote:
>SysConst.hpp: 'ResourceString' is not member of System

>This is only after I add the header and source file from the server.

>Any tips on how to avoid/get rid of this?

Sounds like it could be a namespace thing.
Are you using a type library?

Mike

--

"Genius gives birth, talent delivers."

           -- Jack Kerouac

(Remove NOSPAM, if present, to reply via email)

Re:Compiler Error: 'ResourceString' is not member of system

It's pretty hard to diagnose anything without seeing the code.
alex

Sos wrote:

[snip]
--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:Compiler Error: 'ResourceString' is not member of system

Yep, the type library from my small server app.  It is a little too big to
post the source though

I'll go back and have another look.

--------------------------------------
namespace Sysconst
{
file://-- type
declarations -------------------------------------------------------
file://-- var, const,
procedure ---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Michael Kelly <mkell...@NOSPAMgate.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:25:14 +1000, "Sos" <pa...@classXware.com.au> wrote:

> >SysConst.hpp: 'ResourceString' is not member of System

> >This is only after I add the header and source file from the server.

> >Any tips on how to avoid/get rid of this?

> Sounds like it could be a namespace thing.
> Are you using a type library?

> Mike

> --

> "Genius gives birth, talent delivers."

>            -- Jack Kerouac

> (Remove NOSPAM, if present, to reply via email)

Re:Compiler Error: 'ResourceString' is not member of system

Thanks for the tips.

I ended up killing the program group, setting up the controller
independently and now it compiles and links fine.  When I try to run the
controller I now get the error:

    'Create(intfObj)': No such interface supported.

I know the server object exists, since I can see/run it with OLEView.  The
constructor of the main (and only) form in the controller (which is causing
the error) is:

 : TForm(Owner)
{
    FIDocRegister = CoDocRegister::Create();

}

At the end of docreg_TLB.h (server) are the lines:

// *********************************************************************//
// COCLASS DEFAULT INTERFACE CREATOR
// CoClass  : DocRegister
// Interface: TCOMIDocRegister
typedef TCoClassCreatorT<TCOMIDocRegister, IDocRegister, &CLSID_DocRegister,
&IID_IDocRegister> CoDocRegister;

Any more suggestions?

Cheers

Michael Kelly <mkell...@NOSPAMgate.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:25:14 +1000, "Sos" <pa...@classXware.com.au> wrote:

> >SysConst.hpp: 'ResourceString' is not member of System

Other Threads