Convert BC4.5 and unsupported 16 bit calls

I upgraded to Builder3 from BC4.5.  I have tried used the
IDETOBPR coversion utility to convert my 16 bit apps.
I can't get anything to compile, though.  I usually get
something like "RLINK32: Unsupported 16bit resource.."
No further info is available.  I thought I could compile my
older apps.  What do I need to do?  How do I call
16 bit function calls?

Thanks,

Dan

Re:Convert BC4.5 and unsupported 16 bit calls

You don't BCB is 32-bit only.

-anduin

Dan Llewellyn <DanLl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

*  I upgraded to Builder3 from BC4.5.  I have tried used the
*  IDETOBPR coversion utility to convert my 16 bit apps.
*  I can't get anything to compile, though.  I usually get
*  something like "RLINK32: Unsupported 16bit resource.."
*  No further info is available.  I thought I could compile my
*  older apps.  What do I need to do?  How do I call
*  16 bit function calls?

Probably some .RES files are included in the project, and that are your old RES files
(compiled by the 16-bit resource compiler). Probably, if you remove the RES files
they will rebuild from the RC files (using the 32 bit resource compiler). That may
help. Don't forget to make a safety copy before deleting like a wildman.

How do you pronounce your last name?

---
Design your Exception class hierarchy well...

       VCL+MFC+API+OCX == new *Modern_Developer;

Re:Convert BC4.5 and unsupported 16 bit calls

> You don't BCB is 32-bit only.

> -anduin

I thought Builder 3 Professional also compiled 16-bit.  At least
their literature reads like it does.

Dan Llewellyn

Re:Convert BC4.5 and unsupported 16 bit calls

> Probably some .RES files are included in the project, and that are your old RES files
> (compiled by the 16-bit resource compiler). Probably, if you remove the RES files
> they will rebuild from the RC files (using the 32 bit resource compiler). That may
> help. Don't forget to make a safety copy before deleting like a wildman.

> How do you pronounce your last name?

I have a project that doesn't even use .RES files.  It was just a simple Easywin
target before.  I get "Unsupported 16 bit segment".  I also have some programs
that use OWL.  They don't compile without errors either.  I also don't understand
why some functions appear to be written correcly buy are generating errors.

For instance,

   if (DialogBox(hDllInst,"PromptDlg",lpDllParams->hWnd,PromptDlg) == IDOK)

generates an error saying it can't convert.  When I press Ctrl-F1 for help, the
topic seems to match what I have written.  Or if I write a 16-bit function call,
the help topic exists, but the call generates an error message.

What happened to seamless integration?  I gotta be missing something.
Does Builder 3 Prof actually do 16-bit?  Did I miss something on the
installation?  What's the deal with Installshield Lite on the CDROM -
why doesn't it install?

BTW, Llewellyn is pronounced "Lou-Wellen", at least in the USA.  In
Wales it is a little different.

Dan Llewellyn <DanLl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<35166337.4A724...@ix.netcom.com>...

> I thought Builder 3 Professional also compiled 16-bit.  At least
> their literature reads like it does.

That's because you get C++ 5.02, which compiles 16 bit apps.  Builder will
never compile 16 bit apps, because they don't want to port the VCL (and
though I'd like to see it, I can't really blame them).

Re:Convert BC4.5 and unsupported 16 bit calls

What's the deal with Installshield Lite on the CDROM -

>why doesn't it install?

I found that you had to go into the directory that comtains it and run
setup.

Other Threads