TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant

Hi Guys

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't understood very weel the use of
TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant method. What is the difference.

I can do BitBlt function after FreeImage ? and after Dormant ?

Thanks
For your answer

Ing. Giuseppe Monteleone

Re:TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant

the FreeImage will free the original Bitmap image that was loaded into
memory from a LoadFromFile.
or LoadfromResource etc...
  The Tbitmaps will store the original image as it was,..if your system is
running less colors than what the
image was on Disk, then the image is now degraded ., other wise it is still
ok and you have free'd some memory.
 Dormant free's the Window Handle (Resource) that was allocated from the
Windows Pool of handles
and creates a memory stream object of the same image in memory..
Giuseppe Monteleone wrote:
> Hi Guys

> I'm sorry to tell you that I don't understood very weel the use of
> TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant method. What is the difference.

> I can do BitBlt function after FreeImage ? and after Dormant ?

> Thanks
> For your answer

> Ing. Giuseppe Monteleone

Other Threads