TForm missing FormKeyPress, EReadError Invalid property value

Hi,

I have a form (a message dialog) that is dynamically created and
deleted at runtime It has no events and no components, they are
created at run-time.

I've used it in other programs without problems. Now I use it in a new
app and when I want to create it I receive this error message:
EReadError Invalid property value.

When I add a FormKeyPress event (without code) there is no error
messages and it works fine. Without the event I get the error.

Can anybody explain why and how this happens and how to solve it, or
where should I look to solve it?

Thanks, Wim

Re:TForm missing FormKeyPress, EReadError Invalid property value

check for any trace of the declaration of your event in the .h or .dfm

Wim Bekker <wim@#NOSPAM#divirec.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I have a form (a message dialog) that is dynamically created and
> deleted at runtime It has no events and no components, they are
> created at run-time.

> I've used it in other programs without problems. Now I use it in a new
> app and when I want to create it I receive this error message:
> EReadError Invalid property value.

> When I add a FormKeyPress event (without code) there is no error
> messages and it works fine. Without the event I get the error.

> Can anybody explain why and how this happens and how to solve it, or
> where should I look to solve it?

> Thanks, Wim

Other Threads