Find and Debug a crash in release mode????

Hello,
    I am not sure where to post this, but I start here :)  Does anyone have
any recommendations as to how to debug a release build from C++ Builder?
With MS Visual C++ I am used to using CrashFinder and the pdb file, is there
any equivalent concepts for Borland???

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Shawn
sander...@eye-catcher.com

Re:Find and Debug a crash in release mode????

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:40:45 -0400, Shawn Anderson wrote:
> I am not sure where to post this, but I start here :)  Does anyone
> have any recommendations as to how to debug a release build from
> C++ Builder?

This newsgroup is for discussion of the Borland Developer Network web
site, formerly the Community web site.  You should try posting to one
of the C++ Builder newsgroups.  I do not frequent those newsgroups, so
I am not sure which one would be best.

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

Before sending me e-mail, please read:
    http://www.JPMcGrath.net/newsgroups/e-mail.html

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:44:19 -0400, John McGrath  [TeamB] wrote:

> You should try posting to one of the C++ Builder newsgroups.

I see now that you did post it to the .ide newsgroup, but cross-posted
it to the community newsgroup.  The .ide group seems like a good place
for it, but .community was not and cross-posting messages is against
the rules for this news server.  You can read the newsgroup guidelines
at:

   http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

[ Follow-ups set to borland.public.cppbuilder.ide ]

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

Before sending me e-mail, please read:
    http://www.JPMcGrath.net/newsgroups/e-mail.html

Re:Find and Debug a crash in release mode????

Hi,

Try CodeGuard, it doesn't need debug info, but the log
is better when there is debug info.

-Craig

Re:Find and Debug a crash in release mode????

This is really not the place to ask that kind of question..
 but look at your MAP options.

Shawn Anderson wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am not sure where to post this, but I start here :)  Does anyone have
> any recommendations as to how to debug a release build from C++ Builder?
> With MS Visual C++ I am used to using CrashFinder and the pdb file, is there
> any equivalent concepts for Borland???

Other Threads