Re: Meet the C++ Team developer {*word*75}fest

2004-10-04 08:26:22 AM
cppbuilder81
"Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:41608b08$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I don't like Qt's Thread objects. Hell, I might as well write a wrapper
for the underlying OS myself, and not deal with
Qt, if that's the case. Sure, I could be sneaky and look at how they
were implemented there, but nahhh...
Haven't tried Qt threads. Boost's threads work fine. I think the GUI
stuff should be separate from other code such as threads. And we
didn't have to worry about porting TThread stuff...
>At any rate, comparing it to BCB is pointless unless Borland decides to
>support it. And besides, with the cross platform aspects is probably
>more like CBX with a GUI tool. That was our original idea but...

yeah.....but.......what he said..
??
Yeah, I guess if Borland had something to offer, this thread wouldn't
exist <g>

Re:Re: Meet the C++ Team developer {*word*75}fest

Good question; I can't say I use other systems other than Linux enough to
know. On Linux, I tend to Gnome.
"Oscar Fuentes" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"Sean Hoffman" <seandontspammehoff@austintxDOTcom>writes:

What do you consider "native" for systems based on X-Windows?

--
Oscar