Getting a file icon and draw it into a string grid

How do I load a icon from a file and draw it into a cell of a string grid?
I'm using Borland C++ Builder 4.

Re:Getting a file icon and draw it into a string grid

> How do I load a icon from a file and draw it into a cell of a string grid?

You can draw it yourself, like in the method outlined by Damon
Chandler at http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com .

Or, even better, you can get a new component that handles it better.
There's a million of them out there. Here's a sampler of some I've found:

Orpheus by TurboPower : huge toolkit, pretty expensive, does everything
   http://www.turbopower.com

ExpressGrid by Developer Express :
  http://www.devexpress.com/products/vcl/product.asp?prodid=10

Colosseum Builders TColossalGrid : For some reason they've stopped "supporting Borland
products", but:
   http://www.colosseumbuilders.com/inprise.htm

ObjectSights's TopGrid : http://www.topsupport.com/

TMS software's TAdvStringGrid : I've used this one in the past and it's pretty good.
   http://www.tmssoftware.com/

IMCA Systems TFlyGrid: http://www.imcasys.com/

Woll2Woll's Infopower: http://www.woll2woll.com

ProfGrid : http://www.geocities.com/profgrid

CoolGrid (part of CoolControls) : http://www.cooldev.com

And, of course, check out Torry's for more:

http://www.torry.webnorth.com/index.htm

--
Jonathan Arnold                   Keen Advice:
http://www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp?sid=5156620

Other Threads