BCB5 to BCB6

2003-12-15 08:23:56 PM
cppbuilder45
I have migrated from BCB5 to BCB6.
Now I get the following error when building my app:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'C0W32.OBJ'
Does any one know of a fix for this ?
Thanks for any help/info!

Re:BCB5 to BCB6

Mattk,
Does any one know of a fix for this ?

Don't try and migrate the project. Recreate your project from
scratch.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:BCB5 to BCB6

Matt, you should immediatenly upgrade to sp4 if you haven't already.
As for COW32.obj: I do not have that file on my BCB v6 sp4 machine. Are you doing a
Make or a Build? Make sure all files get recompiled. You might want to check the
dates of your objs.
mattk < wrote:
I have migrated from BCB5 to BCB6.
Now I get the following error when building my app:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'C0W32.OBJ'

Does any one know of a fix for this ?

Thanks for any help/info!

{smallsort}

Re:BCB5 to BCB6

As for COW32.obj: I do not have that file on my BCB v6
sp4 machine.
Look for c0w32.obj, zero not capital 'o'. It should be in the compiler's
LIB directory.
. Ed
Randall Parker wrote in message
news:3fde0698$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Matt, you should immediatenly upgrade to sp4 if you haven't already.

As for COW32.obj: I do not have that file on my BCB v6 sp4 machine.
Are you doing a Make or a Build? Make sure all files get recompiled.
You might want to check the dates of your objs.

Re:BCB5 to BCB6

I am facing some problem in .RC file. BCB6 gives [RC Error] when we try to
include any header in the file. What is this problem? Any
solutions/workarounds?
Sundeep

Re:BCB5 to BCB6

I am trying to compile a BCB5 project with BCB6. It starts compiling a cpp
file and pops up a dialog saying "A line has bee". After clicking Ok the BCB
hangs. I had to kill it. What could be the reason? And I was surprised with
the message on the dialog. Is there any limit on the length of a line of
coed in BCB6?
Sundeep