TForm property not being filled in

2004-10-04 10:28:58 AM
cppbuilder2
Hello,
I have created a component descended from TButton with the
following:
protected:
TForm* FDataForm;
__published:
__property TForm* DataForm = {read=FDataForm,
write=FDataForm};
I then put my custom button on a form, create another form
and put the #include for the new form on the form that
contains my button. The problem is that the pull down list
for the DataForm property remain empty. Do I have to make my
own property editor to make this work or is there something
that I am missing?
TIA,
Joyce

Re:TForm property not being filled in

Batkamer wrote:

Hello,

I have created a component descended from TButton with the
following:

protected:
TForm* FDataForm;
__published:
__property TForm* DataForm = {read=FDataForm,
write=FDataForm};

I then put my custom button on a form, create another form
and put the #include for the new form on the form that
contains my button. The problem is that the pull down list
for the DataForm property remain empty. Do I have to make my
own property editor to make this work or is there something
that I am missing?
Yes you will need to make your own property editor as there is no default editor
for TForm properties.

TIA,
Joyce
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:TForm property not being filled in

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your reply. I have installed a property editor
to my component, but I ran into a problem when I was trying
to figure out where to get the TForm objects that I should
include in my editor. How do I do this? I would like it to
only include the TForm objects that are visible to the
module and not to the whole application if possible.
TIA,
Joyce

Yes you will need to make your own property editor as
there is no default editor
for TForm properties.

{smallsort}

"Batkamer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I ran into a problem when I was trying to figure out where
to get the TForm objects that I should include in my editor.
Have a look at the global TScreen object for that.
Gambit

Re:TForm property not being filled in

Thanks Remy and Jeff,
I got it working! =-)