TOleContainer CMDocWindowActivate Errors

I am trying to work with Lotus Office Suite 2000 documents in a
TOleContainer (this problem is also apparent with Lotus...97). I can open up
the docs just fine. The trouble is that whenever I select any other form I
get an access violation in the TOleContainer.CMDocWindowActivate function.
It happens at the line
FOleInPlaceActiveObject.OnFrameWindowActivate(LongBool(Message.WParam))
below. The code below shows a modification to the pascal source by William
Tucker which supposedly fixes this problem (Several people suggested that
this worked ; including Deborah Pate the apparent Guru of Delphi
Automation). At any rate, I understand that it is not really advisable or
very easy to change the VCL source. What should a C++ Builder guy do? I have
seen many such suggestions about source problems related to some funny
anomalies with TOleContainer and really need some guidelines. Any help will
be greatly aprreciated.

procedure TOleContainer.CMDocWindowActivate(var Message: TMessage);
begin
// *******************************************************************
// Changed by WDT on September 22, 1999 to work around a bug which
// causes Excel and probably other OLE Servers to get messed up when
// multiple copies are running.  Typically, the menu bar in one window
// effects another.  Very strange!
// REPLACED:
//  if Assigned(FDocForm) and IsFormMDIChild(FDocForm.Form) then
// WITH:
 if Assigned(FDocForm) then
  if not IsFormMDIChild(FDocForm.Form) then
    FOleInPlaceActiveObject.OnFrameWindowActivate(LongBool(Message.WParam))
  else
// Changed by WDT on September 22, 1999
// *******************************************************************
  begin
    FOleInPlaceActiveObject.OnDocWindowActivate(LongBool(Message.WParam));
    if Message.WParam = 0 then
    begin
      FFrameForm.SetMenu(0, 0, 0);
      FFrameForm.ClearBorderSpace;

The deal is, it must call OnFrameWindowActivate but does not.

Hope this helps,
William
--
William Tucker