how to create a database at runtime

Hi,
 I am new to c++ builder 5. I am required to create a database consisting of
10 tables with relations between them at runtime. The user will have the
option to the save the database any where on the PC. I have to use MS
Access. The basic idea is to include a button in the project. when the user
clicks, the button at runtime a new database should be created.
Any help in this regard is welcome. Looking forward for your kind help.

thanking you in advance,
with regards,
siraj

Re:how to create a database at runtime

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:01:38 +0100, "siraj" <siraj...@omnisens.ch> wrote:
> I am new to c++ builder 5. I am required to create a database consisting of
>10 tables with relations between them at runtime. The user will have the
>option to the save the database any where on the PC. I have to use MS
>Access. The basic idea is to include a button in the project. when the user
>clicks, the button at runtime a new database should be created.
>Any help in this regard is welcome. Looking forward for your kind help.

THis question has been answered before in the
borland.public.cppbuilder.database.desktop newsgroup.  Why not go over to
that group and read the messages there and see if you find what you need.

Database topics are not really related to the CPPBuilder IDE,  so really do
not belong in this newsgroup.

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Re:how to create a database at runtime

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:24:24 -0600, "Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)"

<JersW...@iwc.net> wrote:

Hi Jerry  - did you see Robert Dunn's question on the JIT de{*word*81} and
the registry a little "above"  - I noticed you helped someone on this
problem when I was searching the newsgroups about it and wondered if
you had any comment.

Graeme

Re:how to create a database at runtime

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:15:25 +1300, Graeme Prentice <g...@paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:24:24 -0600, "Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)"
><JersW...@iwc.net> wrote:

>Hi Jerry  - did you see Robert Dunn's question on the JIT de{*word*81} and
>the registry a little "above"  - I noticed you helped someone on this
>problem when I was searching the newsgroups about it and wondered if
>you had any comment.

I had to search back to find the message in question.  THe best comment I
can think of is that the JIT de{*word*81} is stored in
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug"

Since this key is in the HKLM hive,  it is restricted access to
non-Administrators,  so this may well be a part (if not the whole) reason
why he experiences the message he is seeing.

Additionally,  IIRC,  the Borland settings actually allow for multiple JIT
de{*word*81}s,  and selection of which one to run for each instance of the
de{*word*81} being launched.  I can only assume that for this to function that
the process would need to update that registry key in some way for windows
to properly handle the de{*word*81} launch.

My dilemma with his problem is that I do not use a non-local administrator
account on my Win2K box when I am doing development work,  as I know that
there are too many things which are hampered by the security model which MS
implemented to "protect me from myself".

I guess one solution to Robert's problem might be to use REGEDT32 and
assign the security to that specific key to allow the non-administrator
accounts to modify it.  I realize that this is a major kludge,  but it
night resolve the problem he is experiencing.

My last thought on this is that I probably should have typed this message
it.  Perhaps you could be so kind as to direct him to this reply to see if
it helps him any.

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)

Re:how to create a database at runtime

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:44:50 -0600, "Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)"

<JersW...@iwc.net> wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:15:25 +1300, Graeme Prentice <g...@paradise.net.nz>
>wrote:

>>On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:24:24 -0600, "Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)"
>><JersW...@iwc.net> wrote:

>My last thought on this is that I probably should have typed this message
>it.  Perhaps you could be so kind as to direct him to this reply to see if
>it helps him any.

Sure, thanks.

Other Threads