I am searchimg for a component which retrieves the mac adress and/or th mainboard serial

Hi,

I am searching for a component (for CBuilder5) so i can get information
about cpuID, mainboardID and MacAdress.
I need this to implement a "license"security in my software.

Where can i buy it?

Greetings,

N. Karademir
THE NETHERLANDS

Re:I am searchimg for a component which retrieves the mac adress and/or th mainboard serial

I would advise that you come up with a different scheme for your licensing.
Making a direct relation between a license and the current hardware has
never been a good solution.

All it does is frustrates your customers when ever the upgrade their
computers...and the way prices have dropped, this could be quite often.

Just my two cents.

"N. Karademir" <n.karade...@smart-software.org> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I am searching for a component (for CBuilder5) so i can get information
> about cpuID, mainboardID and MacAdress.
> I need this to implement a "license"security in my software.

> Where can i buy it?

> Greetings,

> N. Karademir
> THE NETHERLANDS

Re:I am searchimg for a component which retrieves the mac adress and/or th mainboard serial

What is your advise?

Is their an other save way to secure ?

"Relaxin" <m...@yourhouse.com> schreef in bericht news:3bca0274_2@dnews...

> I would advise that you come up with a different scheme for your
licensing.
> Making a direct relation between a license and the current hardware has
> never been a good solution.

> All it does is frustrates your customers when ever the upgrade their
> computers...and the way prices have dropped, this could be quite often.

> Just my two cents.

> "N. Karademir" <n.karade...@smart-software.org> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I am searching for a component (for CBuilder5) so i can get information
> > about cpuID, mainboardID and MacAdress.
> > I need this to implement a "license"security in my software.

> > Where can i buy it?

> > Greetings,

> > N. Karademir
> > THE NETHERLANDS

Re:I am searchimg for a component which retrieves the mac adress and/or th mainboard serial

Although I don't have a component I do have a tutorial type example that
shows you how to retrieve the MAC address here:
http://www.hydraenterprises.com/Programming/C/SystemInformation_Part5...

I agree with "Relaxin" though, this is not a good way to implement
licensing. Unfortunately I don't have a good recommendation.

> Hi,

> I am searching for a component (for CBuilder5) so i can get information
> about cpuID, mainboardID and MacAdress.
> I need this to implement a "license"security in my software.

Re:I am searchimg for a component which retrieves the mac adress and/or th mainboard serial

There is a function in the IP Helper APIs (MS) GetAdapterInfo or some
such that works pretty well.

Tom Woodrow

"N. Karademir" wrote:

> Hi,

> I am searching for a component (for CBuilder5) so i can get information
> about cpuID, mainboardID and MacAdress.
> I need this to implement a "license"security in my software.

> Where can i buy it?

> Greetings,

> N. Karademir
> THE NETHERLANDS