Can't inspect AnsiString and other objects

I am using BCB4 Enterprise. In one project I am using std::string and AnsiString. I can inspect the values of std::string but not AnsiString. I am also unable to inspect a listview I am using. Anyone have an idea what to do/

John.

Re:Can't inspect AnsiString and other objects

I recall a project where the position of #include <string.h> affected my
project's ability to compile properly. For you, this may be affecting your
de{*word*81}.

If moving the string.h include directive doesn't activate your de{*word*81},
then you could fall back to putting up messageboxes where needed to show you
the String values until your code is working properly.

Also, sometimes variables can't be inspected inside of other code, and I
have to isolate them, such as assigning values to variables on lines by
themselves, to be able to read their values in the de{*word*81}. This isn't most
situations, fortunately.

Kevin Berry
kevinbe...@charter.net

John Grabner <grabn...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> I am using BCB4 Enterprise. In one project I am using std::string and

AnsiString. I can inspect the values of std::string but not AnsiString. I am
also unable to inspect a listview I am using. Anyone have an idea what to
do/

> John.

Other Threads