Pallet component icons problem

First off please do not post large attachments.  Your posts has been canceled
due to this.  You can read the newsgroup guidelines at
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html.

That's an indication that your video driver has a bug.  This is a bug in
how the driver is handling the ImageList API.  When building an
imageList through the API, the driver starts the image in internal
memory.  When the list gets to a certain size it must switch to main
memory to finish building the ImageList.  This is when the freeze or pallet
corruption happens.  There is very little Borland can do as this is a driver
bug. This has traditionally hit the S3 drivers and Win98 the worst, but does
happen across other chipsets and other versions of Windows.  BCB4 Enterprise has
many more Images in ImageLists than BCB3 did which explains why you go over the
problem threshold with BCB4 but didn't with BCB3.

try these workarounds

1) Get the latest driver (www.s3.com or your vendor if your vendors
doesn't work, try the S3 as they tend to be more compliant)
2) Start BCB with the -ns switch
3) Under the [display] section of the SYSTEM.INI file
add the following line
    BusThrottle=1 (reboot afterwards)
4) reduce the hardware acceleration for the card.
5) play with color depth/resolution  1024x768 in 16 bit color seems the
worse.
6) Get the latest DirectX drivers.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry