Build works with dynamic runtime packages, but not static runtime packages

My app. builds and runs fine when dynamically linking the Borland C++
runtime library and CLX. However, if I uncheck "Build with runtime packages"
check box the executable halts before it enters WinMain with

De{*word*81} exception: Exception EReadError..invalid property value.

No indication of what property and no link warnings.

Any idea what can cause this?

Many thanks.

Re:Build works with dynamic runtime packages, but not static runtime packages

One other point. I have a component that I developed as part of the build. I
link to its static library. Could this be part of the problem?

Regards

"Andrew Chalk" <ach...@XXXmagnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message

> My app. builds and runs fine when dynamically linking the Borland C++
> runtime library and CLX. However, if I uncheck "Build with runtime
packages"
> check box the executable halts before it enters WinMain with

> De{*word*81} exception: Exception EReadError..invalid property value.

> No indication of what property and no link warnings.

> Any idea what can cause this?

> Many thanks.

Re:Build works with dynamic runtime packages, but not static runtime packages

I had a problem with custom components in BCB6 requiring me to seperate
designtime packages which included the Built in design editors from runtime
packages. Until i fixed this I had many linker errors, I know you don't get
them, but perhaps you have a reference to designtime editors?

"Mark Vejvoda" <mvejv...@total-care.com> wrote in message

> I had a problem with custom components in BCB6 requiring
> me to seperate designtime packages which included the Built
> in design editors from runtime packages.

You should have been doing that all along.  Borland does not allow
design-time code to be linked into runtime applications, especially in BCB6
now, they enforce that rule more than in other versions.

Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> "Mark Vejvoda" <mvejv...@total-care.com> wrote in message
>> I had a problem with custom components in BCB6 requiring
>> me to seperate designtime packages which included the Built
>> in design editors from runtime packages.

> You should have been doing that all along.  Borland does not allow
> design-time code to be linked into runtime applications, especially
> in BCB6 now, they enforce that rule more than in other versions.

Unfortunately, if that is truly the case, the IDE in BCB6 still allows a
package to be specified as both design time and run-time, rather than
restricting a package to one or the other. This doesn't affect me
personally, since I have learned to separate design time packages and
run-time packages, and do agree that the separation is the best solution.

"Edward Diener" <eddie...@tropicsoft.com> wrote in message

> Unfortunately, if that is truly the case, the IDE in BCB6 still
> allows a package to be specified as both design time and
> run-time, rather than restricting a package to one or the other.

That is still alowed because sometimes it is a valid setup.  Not all
packages rely on design-time capabilities.  You only need the package
separation when design-time component/property editors are involved.

Gambit

Other Threads